[LAU] Linux Audio Monthly Round-Up #7 - February 2011

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Tue Mar 8 18:27:19 UTC 2011

Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Hello Q,
>
> If linking to an all rights reserved work is ok I don't see why I
> couldn't include those. Didn't know about that, I'm not a copyright law
> expert.

Well, neither am I and none of what I said should be construed as legal
advice ;-)

I think the court cases that there have been have been over deep-linking
i.e. to something other than the main page of a website, or where people
have linked to stuff within a frame, which makes it look like the
content is from a different site to what it actually is.

As I understand it, linking is not distributing or redistributing -- if
it were, the web wouldn't be able to exist, as merely providing a link
would be distributing someone's copyrighted work (the website and its
content).

Anyway, please keep up the sterling job with your round-up -- it's a
most useful resource.

Best wishes