[LAU] SO-666 crashes Ardour

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 06:30:05 UTC 2011

Kim,

On Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:24:09 pm Kim Cascone wrote:

> seems to work except I got this error this time...
>
> kim at kim-studio:~/Desktop/downloads/jeremysalwen-So-synth-
> LV2-e399ee2$ sudo dpkg-buildpackage
[snip]
>   dpkg-source -b jeremysalwen-So-synth-LV2-e399ee2
> dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0
> (git)': doesn't contain a git repository

This means that dpkg-buildpackage expects to be inside of a
Git repository when building the package.  It looks like
you're using a tarball export of a specific Git rev.

You can work around it by using the following magic:

  $ rm -rf debian/source
  $ sed -i s/1-1/1/ debian/changelog

And then:

  $ dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us