[LAU] Audigy too

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun Mar 13 07:23:30 UTC 2011

On 13/03/11 17:19, Batz wrote:
> It's a shame though. I was rather hoping to be able to say that I used
> linux exclusively. Rather than the risk of giving free press to some
> less deserving corporation or other.

Is there a reason you can't use software? Fluidsynth/Qsynth is
efficient, sounds great, and will load any SoundFont file that you
might've wanted to load on to your sound card's synth. I regularly use
LinuxSampler, too, for Gigastudio and SFZ files.

I actually had a SoundBlaster Live, with a similar on-board synth, in my
studio PC until very recently, but I never used the synth -- it's just
not worth the hassle when I can fire up Qsynth, or a Fluidsynth plugin
within a sequencer like Qtractor, to do the same thing.

Thanks
Leigh