[LAU] New beta Renoie 2.7

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 20:46:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Rafal Zawadzki wrote:

> Quite detailed description of problem could be found here:
>
> http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?/topic/26193-linux-jack-transport-first-notes-skipped-sometimes/page__p__212859#entry212859

Translation:  making a complicated program like Renoise
slave to the jack transport is hard... and we haven't
figured everything out, yet.

He didn't raise issues on the transport... other than a
couple of known limitations/inconveniences.

> However, the problem exists during triggering first note in some jack
> configuration. I have been affected by this issue weeks ago...

In nearly every case, this is a bug with the application
*or* the user setup (specifically: latency compensation).
It's not an issue with jack.

> I saw also threads with problems with Hydrogen in specific
> slave mode...

Hydrogen does OK as transport master, but is not very good
as a slave.[1]  This is a Hydrogen problem.

-gabriel

[1] That is to say... last time I checked.  Around 0.9.4
     or something.