[LAU] audio latency question

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 19:47:40 UTC 2011

On 20/03/11 19:33, Folderol wrote:
> Answering my own post...
>
> I mean the original concept using the audio interface is overcomplicated. The
> resistive idea has the merit of dramatic simplification but I wonder at the
> consistency of the resistive elements and whether you would get a (reasonably)
> linear output of if it would tend to behave more like a low quality switch.

OK, I misunderstood at first, as I guess you thought I might have done.

Yes I'm thinking that could be a problem, but it's worth finding out.
Most of the conductive rubber that is sold is intended for electrostatic
shielding, so linearity and consistency probably aren't a priority in
manufacturing. I'm currently sending emails to manufacturers to see if
they can send me some samples.

andy