[LAU] Music made with Linux: A Change of Heart, cover of El Perro Del Mars Original song

Gabbe Nord gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:19:06 UTC 2011

First of, thank you very much all for your kind words!! =)
About the generally *bad* mixing: I actually mixed this on regular old
Creative-speakers. Some of the guitars especially are boosted so much in the
mid (to compensate for the speakers) that they probably will distort in some
speakers. I could go back and remix it since I now have real monitors, but I
feel as the song kind of represents the skill level and mindset I had at
that particular time. I like "glueing" a song to that specific time when it
was fabricated =).

The FX-chain for the vocals is:

Calf 12band EQ (just using the lowpass to eliminate unnecessary freqs under
100hz)
Calf De-esser
Calf Compressor
Calf 12band EQ (regular song eq-work)
Calf Vintage Delay
Fader
Calf Reverb

All plugins from the Calf-git LV2 pack =)