[LAU] stalling/freezing eee900

Gabriel Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:26:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> However, before I get a new battery, there's a problem that I hope some here
> could help with. Every once in a while it's like X kind-of stalls or freezes
> for 10-20 seconds or so. If it's generating audio I seem to remember that

I agree with Nick... my first suspect will be some kind of DNS
resolution error... or other kind of network error.  That's usually an
issue with the router.  A lot of routers will set themselves up as
your DNS name server, and then botch the job.

Install `dig` and use it to see what's happening.

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.5
$ dig @192.168.1.5 google.com
((lots of info about the IP address of google and how long it took to
fetch the data))

-gabriel