[LAU] help with guitarix settings - jack issue

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Sun Mar 27 12:49:20 UTC 2011

----- "Peder Hedlund" <peder at musikhuset.org> wrote:
> > I won't do that, no.
>
> We're trying to help you get things working here. If you won't try the
> things we suggest then what's the point in asking for help?

ah sorry, I thought you were just suggesting stuff,
not giving orders.

Anyway, jack does not work for me, for whatever
reason. I didn't really ask for help, just a side
note in the thread and Paul caught it.

If jack can't handle two cards properly, the problem
is in jack. If I can't ask for 40 record buffers
and 2 or 3 for playback, the problem is not in the
hardward.

Two cards is what? One ring buffer for playback and one
for capture and two irqs. Oh my! Two irqs! For a
2.something GHz dual core computer it's too much. Upgrade man,
upgrade!

Anyway, I won't keep in that direction.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Discussion is over for me.