[LAU] PulseAudio - Internal Audio

Vangelis Katsikaros ibob17 at yahoo.gr
Sun Mar 27 13:05:00 UTC 2011

On 03/27/2011 03:12 PM, ailo wrote:
> On 03/27/2011 01:57 PM, Vangelis Katsikaros wrote:
>>> What is it you're recording? What software are you using?
>>
>> The source is flash-based streaming radios (that I can't record with vlc
>> http streaming). To record I simply use Audacity.
>>
>> So I guess that for this setup the "Analog stereo Duplex" is the
>> preferable one?
>>
>> Thanks again
>> vag
>>

> Are you recording from one computer to another? I'm not sure how you
> would do that otherwise using pulseaudio. If so, stereo to stereo would
> be preferred I guess.

I am on one computer (laptop), listen a flash-based web-radio.
- On audacity I have in preferences->devices->{playback|recording} =
pulse. Before that setup, it had "default" and the recorded tracked
seemed like it was recored from the laptop's mic.
- on sound preferences-> hardware->internal audio = analog stereo duplex.

I don't know if there is a way to get a configuration output from
command-line to show you my setup.

> If you want to explore audio routing more, I would suggest learning
> about jack. There's a pulse-jack bridge, but I don't use it myself. I
> suspect that would allow you to route anything from pulse to a recording
> program using jack.
> Just an idea..

Will check it. Thanks!