[LAU] KVR One Synth Challenge 26: ZynAddSubFX

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Mar 28 07:53:38 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 01:14 AM, Folderol wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:35:17 +0000
> James Morris<jwm.art.net at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 18 March 2011 10:13, Rafal Zawadzki<bluszcz at bluszcz.net>  wrote:

>>> I think its really good opportunity to promote Linux ;P
>>>
>>> Let assume situation, that Linux musician is winning and declaring "where
>>> is Linux version of the award? Take away this useless dll and let me come
>>> back to my tunes"
>>
>> And do it with Yoshimi == a fork of ZynAddSubFX just to confuse things further.
>
> Well, my entry is in. I'm not at all happy about having to use soundcloud and
> 128k fixed bit rate :(
>
> A decent ogg version is here:
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Into_The_Gates_Of_Arram_Koth.ogg

Very full, rich and elaborate track Will!
Still working on my track too, it will probably sound good but the
composition is eeermmmm a bit too basic :( We'll see. Very instructive
so far, now running Qtractor with about 10 ZynAddSubFX-DSSI plug-ins and
two separate Yoshi instances because the plug-in can't handle PADsynth
voice patches apparently.

Best,

Jeremy