[LAU] Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI

allcoms allcoms at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:55:11 UTC 2011

Thanks for your feedback Paul!

I knew when creating this video that there was no way I could please
everyone and it would be at least twice as long if I'd attempted to be
anything near comprehensive so the best I could do was to please
myself with a semi-improv, most-of-the-basics monolith. If there was a
good vid about JACK then I'm sure you'd know of it so I'm glad I
included all the 'Intro to Linux Audio' preamble.

A notable omission from my vid was the revision of A3 I used which was
9170. I really wanted to cover regions better but that still has
issues in alpha3 so I had to drop it. If I re-did it I'd also cover
looping but thats pretty easy to work out anyway so its not one I'm
losing sleep over. I just couldn't wait any longer to make the video
and I'd encourage more people to upload their vids to archive.org as
it supports HTML5 video and ogg, as those of you who have watched my
vid will have likely noticed.

One important thing I did learn making this video is that KDEnlive is
a beautiful piece of software now - I bet many Windows users would be
very jealous if they knew what a great free video editor we have now-
theres nothing that good for free under Windows. All I ask is JACK
support and full-screen previewing and I'm there. I really enjoy using
it and the whole process of creating the video made me realise just
how far Linux multimedia production has advanced in the last 12
months.