[LAU] Recommended USB interface with 2 XLR inputs?

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun May 1 09:26:15 UTC 2011

On 30/04/11 08:25, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I apologize for cross posting. I asked this on Alsa-Users a couple of
> days ago but haven't received any responses. As it's about shopping I
> might do this weekend I figured I'd try here also. Thanks in advance.
>
> I'd like to pick up something to do simple mobile recording gigs with
> my laptop. It needs to be USB 2.0 based, have 2 XLR inputs, support
> headphone monitoring and preferably do 96KHz.

I wonder whether one of these would work (warning, Flash-intensive site):

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/komplete-audio-6/

Previous NI USB 2.0 devices have been supported for a while (using the
ALSA caiaq driver), though it sounds like these latest devices might
actually be USB2 class-compliant. One user reports (eventual) success
with the Traktor Audio 6, which as far as I can tell is the same device
as the Komplete, but without the preamps:

http://www.native-instruments.de/forum/showthread.php?t=136907

Has anyone heard more about these?

Thanks
Leigh