[LAU] SPDIF Interface? [Was Re: Recommended USB interface ...]

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:02:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Ivan K <ivan_521521 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How about the Denecke AD-20?  Two XLR inputs
> with preamp that plug right into the an S/PDIF.
>
> http://www.core-sound.com/inbox/1.php
>

> Does anyone know of other microphone preamps on the
> market that plug directly into the S/PDIF?

Interesting idea, battery powered instead of bus powered.

Unfortunately my laptop doesn't seem to have a spdif in (unless it's
hidden away somewhere that I haven't discovered yet) so it doesn't
seem to be a solution for me.

A little Googling around led me to this ART preamp that might be of
interest to you

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DPSII/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=recording&utm_term=art_dps_ii&gclid=COiqkInTx6gCFQUDbAod0GqNqg

Thanks!

- Mark