[LAU] Music made with Linux: "move along"

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Mon May 2 09:07:58 UTC 2011

On 05/02/2011 10:40 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> my recording room has a lot of reflective surfaces and no
> acoustic treatment, so I'm trying to avoid getting too much room noise
> in to the vocal recordings.

Then I think you should try two things:

1) Move even closer to the mic, maybe 5cm. This will give you more
warmth in the recording + reduce reflections from the room.

AND

2) Damping the room, for instance if the mic is between a wall and your
mouth, place a mattress or heavy blanket on that wall. This will make
your recording more dry with less reflections from the room.

Hope that helps...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk