[LAU] Music made with Linux: "move along"

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Mon May 2 09:22:09 UTC 2011

On 02/05/11 18:08, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
> 2011/4/30 Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net <mailto:lsd at wootangent.net>>
>
>     I've just finished work on a new track -- it's available for
>     download or streaming from my blog and from Bandcamp:
>
>     http://wootangent.net/2011/04/new-track-move-along/
>     http://pneuman.bandcamp.com/track/move-along
>

>      It's not bad, not bad at all. The piano sounds great, and you sing
> quite well :-) My only complaints would be that the piano overwhelms the
> rest of the instruments: it's not easy to listen to the drums and your
> voice. I'd bring them up a bit; your voice should be heart as much as
> the piano, and the drums should be felt as a thundering hammer. Ok,
> maybe this last bit is personal taste, but you get my drift ;-)

That's definitely along the lines of the other feedback I've had here :)
I think I'll come back to this track again in a little while and re-do
the mix from scratch, focusing on the vocals and drums and adding less
piano and perhaps less bass, too.

>      Anyway, all in all, it's a good job. The least I can say is that
> I'm listening to your previous work to know how different is from this
> track :-)

Thanks :) If you have any comments on my other tracks feel free to send
those through, too! I've re-arranged my tracks in to an album on my
Bandcamp page, so it's now much easier to stream them all in one go:

http://pneuman.bandcamp.com/album/sketchbook-vol-1

Thanks
Leigh