[LAU] Pipe not working - or is it lame or oggdec

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed May 4 15:27:29 UTC 2011

Hello Simon!
   I won't go into the major concerns, but just answer your last question: Why
encode yourmusic as MP3, whenit could generate such dificulties? Easy: Because
everything and everyone supports MP3. All those MP3 players, DVD-players and
not to forget software. Yes in software you'll find enough, that also supports
other formats. But people are easily settled in theri ways. I know a few
friends, who can't play my ogg, since they refuse to isntall winamp or such
things, because they experienced some trouble or updates and other net
activity, that they are too lazy or unknowledgeable to stop. And yes there is
iTunes today, which I believe is mainly based on mpeg formats. No longer just
mp3, but I _THINK_, that m4a is also from the same group, probably having the
same licensing requirements.
   Hopefully not so lazily yours :-)
            Julien

--------