[LAU] Multi-pane video editing software

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri May 6 09:33:35 UTC 2011

Am 05.05.2011 16:15, schrieb Nathanael Anderson:
> I'm looking for a good multi-pane open source video editor. So far
> i've looked at: openshot, kdenlive, pitivi, lives
>
> Here are the requirements:
>
> usb hd webcam capture
> ability to select alsa or jack audio input device

Open Movie Editor works flawlessly with Jack including transport-sync.

> painless multi pane video layout,cropping,editing like in:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT8gcZh_42w

I did stuff like that with OME, if the workflow could be considered
"painless" may be another matter though. I found it acceptable and once
you found out, how it actually works, it is in fact easy.

The material you use must fit your layout of course.

> multitrack audio/video editing
>
> anyone have any luck creating videos like this with open source software?

I made such a picture-in-picture video for a german magazine and they
accepted it, so I guess it was OK ;-)

Only problem is, that OME is not actively developed anymore. But it
still works OK in recent distros.

best regs

HZN