[LAU] Remix Made With Linux

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Fri May 6 18:09:37 UTC 2011

Yes, another shameless plug for a remix contest entry, this time it's a
remix of "Bring Me Down" by Saigon.

The contest link is here (beware, requires flash):
http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/55504

I have an mp3, licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivatives 3.0, available here (sorry, I
didn't make a patent unencumbered version):
http://db.tt/TcusEbd

This was made using a vocal stem provided for the contest entry and bits
of a backing vocal stem.  All done with MixBus, Qtractor, LinuxSampler
(for the bass), Qsynth (for the strings), Yoshimi (very briefly for some
bass), and Hydrogen (using mostly the "Popsticks" kit from Analog Drums).
The acoustic guitars were recorded with a single AT2020 mic and the
electrics were recorded direct-in through a Digitech GNX3000.

Comments, criticisms and flames are encouraged.

Thanks!
Steve