[LAU] FFADO on LMDE 201012 (aka Squeeze) - possible?

Artem Vakhitov temcat at mail.ru
Tue May 10 12:38:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to run FFADO on LMDE 201012 which is basically Debian
Squeeze. I'm using the the following packaged software versions:

FFADO: 2.0.1
libraw1394: 2.0.5
Kernel: 2.6.37 (Liquorix) or 2.6.32 (stock)

FFADO dbus server won't start citing no Firewire devices being found.
FFADO diagnostics tool tells me that I have the new Firewire stack which
is incompatible with FFADO. The thing is though, FFADO website says
(http://ffado.org/?q=node/1316) that it should work with the software
versions I have:

---Start quote
The last weeks have seen a few rumors and lots of questions: Is ffado
running with the new firewire stack?

The answer is kind of yes.

What you need is libraw1394 in version 2.0.5 or higher. And kernel
2.6.32 or higher. Then ffado (both the 2.0 branch and development trunk)
should be usable on the new juju stack. Thanks to the team of the
kernel-stack and some distributions for stepping up and (mostly) fix the
kernel and libraw1394 for this. The changes to ffado where quite minimal.
---End quote

So has anyone managed to get FFADO running under LMDE/Squeeze?

Regards,
Artem Vakhitov