[LAU] workflow: qjackctl & a2jmidid

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun May 15 10:12:35 UTC 2011

On 05/14/2011 06:07 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 05/14/2011 04:44 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:

>>> althouth theres sth in the works at the jack tree (a2j), exactly as
>>> Paul said in the other reply, Jeremy's trick is an old one and it
>>> boils down to set `a2jmidid &` as your qjackctl post-startup script
>>> (as in Setup/Options/Scripting)
>>>
>>> cheers
>> Do you need to kill a2jmidid via a 'shutdown -' or 'after shutdown
>> script' in qjackctl? What is the best way to handle this?
>>

> yes, `killall a2jmidid` would be eligible to be in the pre-shutdown
> line, yeah
>
> cheers

As soon as JACK (Jack1 in my case) gets killed it takes a2jmidid with it:

WARNING: JACK server shutdown notification received.
Bridge stopping...
port deleted: Midi Through [14] (capture): Midi Through Port-0
port deleted: Midi Through [14] (playback): Midi Through Port-0
ERROR: a2j_destroy: Cannot close jack client (-1)
Bridge stopped

So I don't use the shutdown lines to kill a2jmidid.

Best,

Jeremy