[LAU] BCF2000 & PulseAudio

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon May 16 06:27:02 UTC 2011

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> I'm trying to get my BCF2000 control surface working with Ardour
> again.  It worked fine before I upgraded to Mandriva 2010.1 (which
> subsequently upgraded itself to Mandriva 2010.2).  I suspect that
> PulseAudio is involved, based on my /var/log/messages output, below

The BCF2000 is a MIDI device, and PulseAudio doesn't do MIDI, so it
isn't very suprising that PA whines.  However, this doesn't affect
how applications access the BCF2000, because they do so without PA.

Ardour uses Jack, so your problem is probably related to Jack's MIDI
configuration.

Regards,
Clemens