[LAU] acid techno test

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue May 17 15:52:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM, James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for the record I was never sure about any of the following:
> techno, trance, goa, house, acid house, hip house, rap, hip hop,
> ambient house, acid jazz, intelligent techno, intelligent dance music,
> rave, happy hardcore, darkside, drum n bass, jungle...  That's about
> all I can remember.

there are at least a dozen more terms for variants of this general
form of music. and to paraphrase something i saw a couple of weeks
ago:

 "this is a musical sub-culture that has existed for less than 40
years and yet believes
  it necessary to distinguish every nuance of every new pair of
releases by any two
  artists with any vague connections to each other, and yet simultaneously feels
  comfortable referring to "classical" music ...."