[LAU] Some heavy stuff and some weird stuff made with linux

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Wed May 18 06:37:02 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 18 May 2011 06.36.36 Arve Barsnes wrote:
> Probably not the greatest display of what you can do with a linux box
> this, but we just released two albums and an ep yesterday. The albums
> are grindcore of the short variety (both albums are 19 songs in just
> above 2 minutes), but the ep (The Piece.....) is a simple acoustic
> song in 5/4 with some weird stuff on top. Even managed to use zita-at1
> in there. It'll only take you 7 minutes to listen to all the three
> releases, so take a listen to the band that only exists because we
> thought it was funny that noone had ever used this word in a bandname
> before ;p

Cool stuff, can't say that the songs in "Constipation Day" and "Hold It In"
are in my taste but the idea of 19 songs or parts in 2+ minutes is cool and it
is in fact possible to listen to it. :-)

The song Poltergeist from "The Piece Of Cod Which Passeth All Understanding"
is on the other hand something I understand better and I really like it, but
hey: -Use a pop-filter when recording the vocals! If you don't have a pop
filter, then a stocking do in fact help or you can try to make a pencil sit
vertically in the front of it with a rubber band or something if you don't
have a pop filter, you used a dynamic mic?.  :-)

Cool concept, all that songs/parts on two albums and one song in a EP with
different titles for the song and EP - and what a title! :-) - in fact the
titles all over the albums are great. I think I'm going to smile and chuckle
many times the next day(s) when thinking about it. This is something new, at
least for me.

It has been more and more creative and very audible moments in in the LAU-
world lately where music is not the only creative part. I just love it :-)

Jostein (who probably never are able to release something May 17th and even
less able to write something 6:30 on the 18th)