[LAU] Some heavy stuff and some weird stuff made with linux

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Wed May 18 13:36:40 UTC 2011

----- "Arve Barsnes" <arve.barsnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 May 2011 11:07, Cedric Roux <sed at free.fr> wrote:
> > For those who don't run flash, you can look at the source of the
> > pages and dig for "tsig" in it, then get the link with wget.
> >
> What do you get with that trick? Some quick look at the page source
> suggests 128kbps mp3. Correct?
>
> Anyway, I intend to pack up the flac's in a package for download and
> post it on this list, just gotta try to fix the problem with the
> vocals on the ep track.
>
> Arve

by the way, that's funny that you use that name for your band.
10 years ago or something I started to rehearse with a drummer I met
in a squat. We quickly reached the grind/noise border. It was the first
time of my life that I touched a guitar. The first rehearsal ended with
my middle finger literally in blood because I didn't know how to use this
funky little pick.
Anyway, after a few rehearsals we looked for a name and
"apopathodiaphulatophobie" popped up. That is a mental disorder in which
you are afraid of being constipated.
We played for six months and then the drummer went to play with another
band. I started classic guitar as a punishment.
We recorded some stuff, available at: http://sed.free.fr/apo
I made some tools (command line) at the time, lost some music because doing
mv, cp, rm for hours while thinking about other things leads to weird results
which led me to my little program "songs" (a direct concurrent of ardour, ahem)
and well, so be it.
Just a funny thing. (On the other hand when you reach the grind world,
shit/vomit/whatever will pop up at some point, so that's not that strange...)
okay, let me go back to work