[LAU] Random RT performance after reboot

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Wed May 18 20:26:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

Okay, I'm giving up on trying to explain this by myself and am seeking
educated guesses from this list...

Sometimes, after a reboot, my system's RT reliability seems glitchy and
jackd gets killed by its watchdog, usually after running a few hours. At
other times, jackd will remain rock-solid, literally for weeks, until I
shut down my system. It's usually a matter of rebooting until the
problem disapears.

Setup:
- Debian Testing AMD64
- USB soundcard (UA25EX)
- jackd version 0.120.2
- jackd options: "-R -P55 -t1000 -dalsa -d hw:1,0 -r44100 -p64 -n3 -S"
- rtirq set to give highest priority to USB irqs

So far I have:
- Tried to change which port various USB devices use, thinking some
  conflict might be causing this, without any result.
- Until recently, I thought that booting the system with the soundcard
  plugged in solved the problem, but proved wrong.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
S.M.