[LAU] [ot] connecting breakout box and headphones

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:17:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I want to connect a breakout box for use with headphones. The
headphones themselves have  a mini-xlr connector (for connecting the
cable to them) and breakout box has 1/4" mono jack outputs.

To connect the two I currently use:

1) 2 x 1/4" Jack to Phono connectors
2) Twin Phono to 3.5mm stereo Jack cable
3) 3.5mm female to female coupler
4) 3.5mm jack to mini-xlr

Does anyone know where I could get either (delivery to UK):

A cable to connect directly from breakout box 1/4"

- or -

A better (ie consisting of fewer components) configuration of cables/adapters?

I'm thinking this can't be a uncommon scenario?

Cheers,
James.