[LAU] Some heavy stuff and some weird stuff made with linux

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:35:24 UTC 2011

On 25 May 2011 17:38, Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein at vait.se> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what did you do?

Surprisingly little.

> Did you use my suggestion as a starting point or did you do
> something complete different?

I played around a bit with both a hipass and the deesser, without
getting any desirable results. I played around some more with the
compressor on the track, and probably didn't get it back to where it
used to be, but the main difference is probably more from playing
around more with the gain on the two P sounds. If we do anything
similar vocal wise on the next ep I will keep this stuff in mind
during recording. I liked the real raw sound of the talking on this
recording, but think we could experiment with some heavy hipass
filters next time.

> And while we're at it, you will in general get a much clearer sound by using a
> 12 dB hipass filter for removing some low end/mid from the guitar(s).

I tried a little bit on the guitars too, but I left them as they were
on this round. Working on the musical bit for the next ep sometime
next week, and there's a bit of the same guitar on there, will
experiment some there. After all, can't have these so-called
'experimental' ep's sounding the same! :D

> I hope you don't mind that I do this suggestions, it's not in disrespect for
> you - it's respect for the song (which I like a lot) and therefore you. :-)

Tips are much appreciated, I wouldn't indulge you if I thought any
comments were disrespectful ;)

Regards,
Arve