[LAU] Ambient DnB: Sun Angels Enjoy

Luka Prinčič // Nova deViator nova at deviator.si
Thu May 26 01:01:20 UTC 2011

hi all,

Rafal Zawadzki <bluszcz at bluszcz.net>:
> Hi allcoms, I know Renoise, a bit ;)
> And perhaps, I asked my question too "in general".
> Assuming, that the track has "renoise sound signature" as he
> mentioned - I am curious how "sounds" tracker signature - personally
> I think that situation changed a bit for trackers since they adapted
> DSP...

i think it's the opposite. i'm always surprised to manage to almost
always recognise the sound of Ableton Live. And it's mainly becaouse of
DSP - i guess you ment realtime effects.

Trackers had (still have) this great thing, that it sounded by what
samples you used. And there were no presets. You just had to find your
own samples, and if they were good, special, self-recorded, your song
never sounded like any other.

If Renoise manages to include a lot of presets, with particular sound,
then it's going to have its sound signature.

just my .02

l.

--
sujet est machinique!