[LAU] Sharing of Ardour projects

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu May 26 11:51:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto
<talkingxouba at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/26 Goran Mekić <meka at lugons.org>
>>
>>        Couldn't you just tar the ardour project directory and export
>> hydrogen bank?
>
>     That's a good question. I don't know, because last time I looked into
> it, the project directory had a lot of things.

it has everything needed to fully recreate the session in another
instance of ardour. the "interchange" subtree has all the actual data
files, but does not contain the session file that actually describes
how to arrange the data to recreate the session or the peak data used
to draw waveforms.

what you're actually looking for is "stem export" which is not
easily/simply available in ardour2, but is available (though not very
tested) in a3. it will automatically produce a set of audio files, all
the same length, 1 per track, of either the entire session or some
specified range within it.