[LAU] Sharing of Ardour projects

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu May 26 22:08:34 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 01:51 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> what you're actually looking for is "stem export" which is not
> easily/simply available in ardour2, but is available (though not very
> tested) in a3. it will automatically produce a set of audio files, all
> the same length, 1 per track, of either the entire session or some
> specified range within it.

a while ago, i created ardour demo sessions for the openDAW project, and
i was looking for a way to let people play with pretty much everything
except the edits. so i created a full copy of my ardour session
directory, used ardour2's "consolidate" feature to bounce all the messy
edits into one single region per track, then got rid of all older
snapshots. now i could clean up unused sources, and hey presto: a nice
and concise session that gives a user maximum leeway in fiddling around.

if you want to play:
http://stackingdwarves.net/TIH.tar (guitar and saxophone duo)
http://stackingdwarves.net/MFV.tar (cheesy jazz sextet standard)

both are mixing to third-order ambisonics and use an UHJ encoder for
stereo downmixing.
i abused ardour's session directory a bit, in that i added some session
photos and copied all external config files in there as well (mainly for
jconvolver), so that it contains pretty much everything you need to hear
what i was hearing. there's also a shell script that probably won't work
on most people's systems, but gives you an idea what programs i was
using in addition to ardour2.