[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.4.9 - The Final Dudette is out!

allcoms allcoms at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:32:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:
> Yess :)
>
> This is one hopeful attempt to be the very last one before officially
> entering the TYOQA age.

zomgroflolcopterzoids!

Thats just fantastic Rui - very funny! You'd make a great politician,
comic and maybe one day a coder too! ;)

> Mainly a big fix and optimization release. Yes,
> you've read that right. Big. Some earthquake-bound changes have sneaked in
> and all under the hood. Most are bearable visible, if at all. Quite frankly,
> the most time-critical code paths have been subject to some kind of a deep
> overhaul, and to say the very least, might get only noticeable while loading
> hugely complex sessions. Whatever that means. In other words and put simply,
> there are gentle performance wins and nice resource savings.
>
> Anyway, there's no breakage regarding the past. Everything should work
> smooth as ever. Nevertheless, there's a good chance it might enter beta
> phase or whatever you wish to call it. I guess most people had ditched any
> serious assessment on this piece of software just because I've been sticking
> with an infamous alpha label for so long. Well, inb my own opinion (what
> else?), if you care, it's just that. All software is always either in that
> so-called alpha or omega-there's no middle term, all else is marketing
> gibberish--all software is more or less in a broken state (ie. alpha) or
> just simply dead and gone (omega). There you have it :)
>
> With nothing else to say (and then time being the worst of enemies),
>
>  Qtractor 0.4.9 (final dudette) is out!
>
> Release highlights:
>
> * MIDI scale-quantize and snap-to-scale tools (NEW)
> * Audio recording latency compensation (NEW)
> * Mute/un-solo tracks shading (NEW)
> * MIDI controller invert value and connects access (NEW)
> * Tempo map dialog tap helper (NEW)
> * Audio peak/waveform generation pipeline (NEW)
> * Track-view clip invert selection (NEW)
> * MIDI clip editor range selection (NEW)
> * Major audio clip buffering/streaming thread optimization (FIX)
> * Temporary JACK session extract directory (FIX)
> * Red shade recording display (NEW) and looping (FIX)
> * Audio clip over-extended ghost-playback (FIX)
> * MIDI tempo map resolution import (FIX)
> * Audio/MIDI time drift correction (FIX)
> * Changed bus connections preservation (FIX)
> * Simultaneous multi-track recording result extents (FIX)
> * Track-view selection and redrawing optimization (FIX)
> * LV2 instrument/synth on audio tracks crash (FIX)

Great work as ever! I'm sure I speak for most everyone on here when I
say it has been fascinating to watch qtractor rapidly shape up over
the last couple of years to reach this position of maybe almost being
nearer to someday approximately verging on the brink of getting close
to a TYOQA packed release, allegedly?

All hail Rui!

PS For those not constantly on #ardour or one of my facefook pals,
check out what I didn't use Linux for last night:

http://soundcloud.com/jaystansfield/the-hibsonian-psychotronics?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fjaystansfield%2Fthe-hibsonian-psychotronics

:D