[LAU] Sharing of Ardour projects

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri May 27 23:37:34 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 10:08 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:08:34AM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> http://stackingdwarves.net/TIH.tar (guitar and saxophone duo)
>> http://stackingdwarves.net/MFV.tar (cheesy jazz sextet standard)
>
> Thanks for making these available ! They provide excellent use
> cases for the AMB mixer that's slowly taking shape.
>
> I've got a strange problem with MFV. *Something* is poisoning
> the signal graph with Nans or Infs. One visible result is that
> e.g. the W channel of one of the jkmeters shows only peaks and
> no RMS values (this is to be expected if the filter state gets
> a Nan - once a Nan always a Nan). The other indication is that
> adding an Ambdec produces a never ending xrun storm even if the
> effective CPU load remains below 10%.
>
> Have you seen anything similar ?

not in this session. sc4 can be funny at times, but i haven't had any
issues with it for quite a while. i don't have access to the session
atm, will ake a look when i return home on sunday. meanwhile, if you
want to pinpoint the problem, try muting all channels and then unmute
one by one.

do the nans crop up immediately, or only after playing some audio?