[LAU] Switching the distro

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 29 12:17:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 13:19 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 05/29/2011 12:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > I've got a absolutely stable and MIDI jitter free Ubuntu MIDI and audio
> > worksattion, regarding to audio apps, but it was very time consuming to
> > set it up
>
> Do make a backup of the current setup!! That may come in handy.

When there was no MIDI jitter for hw midi, this was the first thing I
did. In general I'm making backups very often and I don't sync one
backup archive, I always make completely new backups and keep at least
the last two backups.

> All of your preferences will be met by debian. Pulseaudio is optional
> and the debian-multimedia team are on the forefront when it comes to
> pro-audio packages.
>
> Also note that OpenDAW (64studio's successor in the making) is based on
> debian/squeeze.

http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-users/2011-February/004657.html
http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-users/2011-February/004661.html

;)

A while ago I tidied up my HDDs and removed most installs.

I kept Suse 11.2 and Ubuntu Maverick only.
Then I installed Natty.

I'll keep those and additionally install Debian, I hope that Debian
stable isn't outdated, http://packages.debian.org/stable/ ...

If it shouldn't be outdated, I'll install it and stop setting up Natty
immediately.

Thanks a lot,

Ralf