[LAU] Switching the distro

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:15:48 UTC 2011

2011/5/29 mark hadman <markhadman at googlemail.com>:
> I have to build lots of stuff in Arch because a lot of stuff just
> doesn't come pre-built. That said, the Arch User Repository combined
> with the yaourt package manager script makes it easy to build many
> many pckages from source.

You're right, mark! AUR is great, but not officially supported and you
have to build from source.

We are working on cool convinient binary repositories, with some kind
of integration between packages. Things like 'pacman -S lv2-plugins'
to install all lv2-* plugins, or 'pacman -S pd-externals' to install
all pd ibs etc..

 http://archaudio.org/