[LAU] Switching the distro

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon May 30 06:26:04 UTC 2011

> Just to preempt problems - don't use the netinst; go for a full ISO
> http://www.debian.org/CD/and update it after installation.
>
> Well, actually the netinst image does work with PPPoE; details are
> outlined at http://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE (first google hit for "debian
> pppoe") YMMV.

If that won't boot your machine, deal with your connection etc then aptosid
install disks (a single cd) have recognised new/wierd motherboards etc when most
others failed for me in the past, giving me a working system with a good manual
and clear guides as to which bits of non-free stuff you may need to download to
deal with various its of hardware. I think a lot of their stuff ends up upstream
in debian soon enough.

Simon