[LAU] Skype & Jack (& IDJC)

Daniel Worth pipemanmusic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:52:30 UTC 2011

> I can't get Skype and Jack working together on a debian Wheezy,
>> 2.6.39-2-amd64. The goal is to have them working in order to stream
>> telephone calls with IDJC but none of the misc solutions I tried seem to
>> work, including the one found on IDJC project page.
>>
>> When qjackctl is up and running, skype audio doesn't work (no capture no
>> playback).
>>
>> Any suggestion is appreciated

I've had problems with the alsa loopback metheod with Skype since they
added pulseaudio support. The only reliable solution I've found is using
the pulse-jack bridge written by Falktx from kxstudio. Not using pulseaudio
obviously rules this out. Other report that it works fine though so your
milage may vary.

Dan