[LAU] Reinstalling Ubuntu - Which version ?

jy jypllx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:35:51 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've had a lot of little problems with my ubuntu recently so i decided to
get it reinstalled.
First I went for the last version but I didn't really like the unity
desktop. Had a lot of little annoying things on my laptop such as not being
able to set a brightness setting that wouldn't be reset at boot. All in
all, i decided to go back to gnome.

As I didn't know what older version to chose and as I was pretty pleased
with my Lucid, I went back to Lucid;

Now my problem is I need a rt or lowlatency kernel (2.6.32 or higher) to be
able to set up my laptop properly because I use some pretty original
settings to make the best out of my machine.
But now I can't find any... :(
I looked in abogani's and falktx's ppas but nothing there.

So my question is simple, which version of ubuntu should I choose to be
able to enjoy a good audio workstation with a corresponding rt or
lowlatency kernel ?
Second question, if I wanna stick with lucid where can I find the
lowlatency or rt kernel (2.6.32 or higher) I'm looking for ?

Thanks in advance
jy

jy