[LAU] RT in Arch Linux

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:31:42 UTC 2011

On 15 November 2011 21:15, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:02:50PM +0000, James Morris wrote:
>
>> Just wanting to know what people are doing for RT audio on Arch Linux?
>>
>> Have got a bit out of the loop on these matters.
>>
>> Not entirely sure what I had configured before... Think it was just
>> the standard kernel, but since 3.1 (possibly) (or a couple of weeks
>> ago) I'm informed that "JACK is running in realtime mode, but you are
>> not allowed to use realtime scheduling."
>
> Where do you get that message ?

When starting jackd. It further informs me that I don't have a sane
system configuration.

The only way I can get JACK running is to use the --no-realtime
switch. Then, for example, using the mouse scroll wheel on web pages
causes audible crackling.

I've been using JACK flawlessly up until a month or so ago (roughly
the last time I recall using it).

James.