[LAU] RT in Arch Linux

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Nov 15 22:40:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 02:19:01PM -0800, Bernardo Barros wrote:

> Also: uninstall nvidia, install nouveau to make your system compatible
> with the new linux-rt 3.0 series.

I never used the proprietary nvidia driver, but on one system (out of
the > 10 I'm admin for), I'm forced to use nv. Video HW is 7300 LE.
With nouveau everything works OK up to and including the xdm login
(with the Arch 'theme'). But as soon as I login and start either
windowmaker or xfce the screen looks as if X is using the wrong
resolution (offset and partially repeated). Things have been like
this for the past two years, and are still the same after a complete
update earlier today. If you have any hints that could help to solve
this I'd be very happy !

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.