[LAU] sound devices usbpre2

alexander axeldenstore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:04:05 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 07:15 PM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM, alexander <axeldenstore at gmail.com
> <mailto:axeldenstore at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     That's what you do to force it into usb1.1 :) where it works very
>     well indeed. In usb2 it works in 'capture only' not 'duplex' and
>     not 'playback only', So I'm guessing it has something to do with
>     the playback..
>
>     This is what the messages window says, http://pastebin.com/uXsDujZq
>

> By the way, have you tried it with just ALSA instead of Jack to see if
> it works properly there?
>
>       Seablade

Yup, it doesn't :/ but I might try it again.. I experienced some 'linux
magic' yesterday when my .asoundrc file suddenly started to work... so
maby it can happen for usb2 audio too... However, personally I don't
really have any use for usb2 atm, it works perfectly well as an
48khz24bit usb1 device :) It would be nice not to having to remember to
hold the input button when powering it on tho, where is alsa development
taking place?