[LAU] RT in Arch Linux

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Nov 21 22:21:55 UTC 2011

Excerpts from James Morris's message of 2011-11-16 15:46:32 +0100:
> On 16 November 2011 09:01, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> > On 11/15/11 23:10, James Morris wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm currently using the Enter login manager which is probably more
> >> broken than Slim (docs say it's broken regarding aforementioned *kits
> >> IIRC).
> >
> > Does Enter support PAM? And what if you log in on a virtual terminal and
> > start JACK from there?
>
> Thanks for this, a lack of PAM support in Enter IS the problem.
>
> I've installed my old favourite: XDM and everything is back to normal.
>
> James.

Glad it works for you now, just want to mention my favorite login
manager since a couple of years: none at all

Configuration is easy through ~/.xinitrc,
login on console, startx can be called manually or automatically

I keep wondering about the purpose of login managers

Regards,
Philipp