[LAU] New Avantgarde Music - or just more Prog?

Roberto Suárez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:52:52 UTC 2011

2011/11/20 Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de>

 I've just completed my latest piece and it has reached its intended
> audience, so I'm ready to post it here. It's called Raw Magic:

    And as usual, "only" 21:56. Perfect for some quick listen ;-)

    I've not yet listened to the whole of it, but what I've heard is quite
good. I liked a lot the part after the piano (long) introduction, where you
sing like through a didgeridoo. I liked, too, that the song started to
drift to some kind of eastern-influenced metal; but then the fast, more
purer eastern part came and I didn't like it that much. It's not my kind of
music, sincerely. I felt more at ease when the distorted guitars returned
:-) I'm now at 12:30, and I like what I'm listening. Somehow I find it
similar to Pink Floyd and the work of David Gilmour on his own, but that
must be because my lack of musical references.

>  I know, that my singing leaves somethig to be desired (better intonation
> for a start :-) ), but I suspect, that it could have been worse.

    Indeed. I think that you're doing pretty good. The mix specially is
very well done, and your voice fits nicely. Very good job!

--
        Roberto Suárez Soto