[LAU] New blog about Recording on Linux

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Oct 1 18:44:50 UTC 2011

Your OS makes no difference: malicious Javascript uses the browser as
its platform, not the OS.

It's possible to Javascript to turn your browser session into a bot;
it's possible to use Javascript to probe networks hidden behind routers
and firewalls, identify targets and route target-specific attacks to
those targets; it's possible for Javascript to capture login IDs and
passwords.

It's possible to use Javascript to track what sites you go to and what
you do there - which is why Google says its OK to run Javascript. Their
Google Analytics tool requires Javascript. So if someone has Javascript
turned off, Google doesn't get any tracking information to use and sell
to their paying customers.

There's no need to require Javascript for site navigation.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community