[LAU] Akai EWI

Tony Austin gigaday at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:58:45 UTC 2011

I am using EWI USB on Ubuntu Linux laptop: 6 year-old HP 2Ghz 1MB, it works
fine with Reaper under Wine with VSTs for Akai Aria USB Player,  Aria COMB2
with full player, Korg M1 DLE and SFZ+ player.  Also, Band in a Box under
Wine - in this config with BIAB playing the SFZ+ VST in Reaper as well as
live EWI the computer barely copes, due to insufficient memory and CPU - a
modern laptop should sail through, it just needs twice the memory and
processor power.

Tony