[LAU] [OT] Message on Italian Wikipedia

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Oct 5 19:25:50 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Louigi Verona's message of 2011-10-05 20:22:41 +0200:
> No, but they have power to do this only in Italy. If you ask them, they
> would gladly extend this law globally.

The tendency is present in Austria too for example, but it's not that
extreme yet. Since a few years there's a new anti-mafia-law but so far
this was only used to prosecute animal rights activists and student
representatives. It's similar in the sense that it's a potentially
powerful law that can be used for rather arbitrary purposes, but I think
only the police can make use of this. This new Italian thing is 'only'
about information but, as I understand it, can be abused by anyone.