[LAU] rme express cards

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Oct 5 20:16:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:48:39PM +0200, Peter Plessas wrote:

> So the card is transparent to the Alsa drivers in the sense that there
> is no difference between the PCMCIA and the Expresscard version. Is
> there firmware issues?

I didn't experience any problems, things just worked OOTB with
a plain Archlinux installation (which is 'minimal' compared to
some other distros), and nothing extra.

The one thing I didn't find out so far is how to enable the card
if it is plugged in after booting. It should just be a matter of
restarting the right set of modules, but I must be missing one.

Ciao,

--
FA