[LAU] New blog about Recording on Linux

Peter Crighton petecrighton at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:14:36 UTC 2011

Finally I am getting around to answering here…

Thanks for all your answers and interest in my blog!
It's a pity that it is not readable without JavaScript, but as
Blogger's new Dynamic Views (which apparently rely heavily on
JavaScript) were one big motivation for me starting this blog, I will
not change it for the time being.

Jeremy, thanks for your link. I didn't know it beforehand.

Kevin, I do make a lot of music myself, including prog. I play mainly
bass and guitar and sing. You can find more info about that on
http://www.petercrighton.de/en – direct link to some recordings:
http://music.petercrighton.de

Peter

2011/10/4 Aaron L. <elmastero74 at gmail.com>:
> Just went through Peter's tutorial.
>
> Great stuff.  Took me a couple of tries to get it right (NOTE:  you have to
> have the wave files in the same dir as the xml file)........even though your
> website explained that very plainly.
>
> Anyway, thanks for this.
>
> -Aaron
>

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Am 01.10.2011 11:04, schrieb Tony Austin:
>>>
>>> Is JavaScript so bad?  Why turn it off?
>>
>> Java Script is great, it is, in itself, not bad at all but a useful method
>> to make a better website.
>>
>> BUT: as it is powerful, it is abused on a regular basis. So to turn it off
>> on any new site never being visited before is indeed a good idea.
>>
>> So for any website-distributor I recommend the following steps to make a
>> site rock in the users client:
>>
>> 1.) present your site in HTML5+CSS3 as cool as possible
>> 2.) provide extra-benefit using UNOBSTRUSIVE JS
>> 3.) Tell the users explicitly that there is more and better content if JS
>> ist turned on.
>>
>> Your page fails at least to meet 1.) and 3.)
>>
>> Try to find a way to tell visitors at least, that they need to allow JS on
>> the site. But this is second best: present plain HTML5+CSS and tell the
>> users that JS can give more is better...
>>

>>>  I am happy to have it on all the
>>> time and the worries are much less under Linux.  It's not Java or ActiveX
>>> after all.

Peter Crighton | (mainly) Progressive Rock musician based in
Mainz/Wiesbaden, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de