[LAU] Need direction for Stable LTS version of Real Time Linux Kernel for Audio

Tony Austin gigaday at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:30:53 UTC 2011

I also tried the RT kernel with 10.4 LTS and I couldn't see any significant
improvement in latency.

I have used Ubuntu LTS version for several years but then I had reason to
abandon this strategy and I upgraded to 11.04 in order to get an application
to work.  What I shall do in future is keep with the latest release but wait
for a couple of months before I do the upgrade - as a compromise.  I have
found that on the couple of occasions when I have done the upgrade in place
over the Internet it has worked very well.

Tony