[LAU] rme express cards

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sat Oct 8 11:49:08 UTC 2011

On 10/05/2011 10:41 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 10:28:13PM +0200, Peter Plessas wrote:
>
>> Whenever my kernels were responsible for uploading the firmware, they
>> did whenever the card was inserted.
>> Did you try 'pccardctl eject; pccardctl insert'?
>
> No, and I can't try it now since I don't have the machine
> here ATM. But I will.
>
>> Don't know if hdsploader can be used to force an upload.
>
> I don't use hdsploader at all, and AFAIK even don't have it
> installed. The driver will load the firmware, in any. And
> I don't think it's a matter of firmware uploading. IIRC
> (but I could be wrong), the cards doesn't even appear in
> lspci if inserted after booting.

yeah, i think this is the root cause of the problem. if the card has
been found, you can use hdsploader to re-upload the firmware iirc, but
unless you see it in lspci, there's nothing you could do.
i have the same issue with an expresscard ieee1394 adaptor - it will
only work when it's inserted before booting.