[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.1 - The Bravo Yankee return!

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:16:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:
> Am 06.10.2011 16:27, schrieb Rui Nuno Capela:
>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:46:29 +0400, Louigi Verona
>> <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey Rui!
>>> Thanks a lot for implementing the clip thing - I remember asking for
>>> that myself a long time ago )
>>
>> question is, does it work now as you asked/wanted back then?
>
> As far as I am concerned I see it as a remarkable improvement. It brings
> some of the virtues of a loop-oriented sequencer I sometimes missed in
> Qtractor.
>
> To detach a clip from its siblings by giving it a new name makes perfect
> sense to me still.... it would be nice to have some automatism that simply
> iterates the filename. Some people feel a disturbance in the force, if they
> have to switch from editing notes in a pianoroll to typing filenames ;-)

Yes yes yes.  This is the worst "feature" of QTractor.  I don't give a
$%^& what the filename of an individual clip is, and I don't want to
be interrupted to think about where on disk the file should be stored.
 Stash it in a per-session directory, or a "clip library" or whatever.
 Don't make me think about that mess I call my home directory.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't used qtractor in a while; I assume it still
works this way.  If not, someone tell me to shut up.